Serving together
After a great talk and prayer this weekend we decided Kiley needed a little break from her classroom. The class is not the best environment and we have seen some of the effect in Kiley and on Kiley. We have been asking the Lord for some time for wisdom in her schooling. We have decided for now to keep her home for a month. During this time she and I are going to have a great time together. We are focusing on serving others. We are also working on manners and bible study. I am so excited to have this time with her.
Laurel has been sleeping in Kiley's room for about a month to see if it will help her feel better. Since it hasn't helped we have decided to move her back to her own room. Kiley and I spent the day preparing Laurel's room for her and we bought her flowers to brighten her room. Today we made dinner for our neighbor that is pregnant and having difficulties. We thought we would give her the day off. It has really been fun and it's only been 2 days.
We are also seeing joy in her that has been missing for a little while. Tomorrow I meet with the teacher to get her "approval". They have always been very supportive, so I don't anticipate a problem.
We are still praying for what is best for both Laurel and Kiley as far as schooling for next year. We have been grateful for the things they have learned from being in the public school system, and yet we want to be real sensitive to the Lord and not just think they should stay. We re-evaluate each year and we are in the process now. Pray with us and we seek to be wise.

1 comment:
Kiley is absolutely adorable. I look forward to meeting her at the staff conference in a couple of weeks! I would have loved to had that time with my parents at home when I was her age. What a gift. I pray that this next month would be a time of awesome blessing and discovery. Getting to know more of who God has created Kiley to be on this earth.
See you soon!
Lauree Austin
Post a Comment