Magical Chocolate Store, a fondue pot and a missed blessing
While walking home from the Dr, I happened upon a little "chocolate" store in a sidewalk storefront. As I walked by I remember thinking.....I have never seen this place before (and I have walked that path often). Then I thought, how in the world does this place make it. It only had "truffles" in the window and few fondue pots. I thought how odd it was. I went in just because I was wondering about it. As I was there, I began looking at the gal who was working there, and thought....Is she looking for God. I felt as if maybe the Lord wanted to tell her about him. But in my stubbornness I didn't. I don't know why, it was as if I fought it in my soul, and to my shame I left the store with a fondue pot, but not telling her about Jesus. I thought of the girl often. I felt bad about not being willing and being afraid. I know missionaries are supposed to be perfect right.
A week later I returned to the Dr and determined I would return to the Chocolate shop and if she was there, I would tell her about the Lord. I had prayed often for her.
As I walked by the shop the lights were off, there was no one inside, only the chocolate and the fondue pots. Then 5 days later, I returned, and the Chocolate Store was gone. A completely different store in it's place.
I felt so sad. I felt as if I had missed a very important moment. I am so grateful that her eternal destiny rests in the Lord's hands and not mine. But I also wondered, what had I missed out on? The Shop seemed to show up out of no where and disappear in the same way. Had the Lord placed this gal in this place just for that moment and I had missed the chance of being a part of it? Had I missed the chance of seeing God do something amazing?
Have you ever been in a place like this? A place like my magical chocolate shop? Please pray with me for the candy shop keeper. I pray that she will know Jesus. How often does this actually happen I don't even know it. Next time I hope I don't miss out on the blessing.

No comments:
Post a Comment